I’ve had a list of things to do before I die since 2008. I’ve been crossing things off, pretty slowly (in fact, I’m quite sure I’ve ADDED more things than I’ve COMPLETED), I guess, but on the other hand, I don’t plan on dying any time soon.
In the past month or two, though, I’ve crossed off TWO WHOLE THINGS, and it’s EXCITING! Wanna hear the list, and one of the things I got to cross off YESTERDAY?
- Write (and have published) at least one novel.
- On that same train of thought, win at least one NaNoWriMo.(EDIT: COMPLETED!! November 30, 2008!!)
- Travel to:
- Learn all the words to “Word Disassociation” by Lemon Demon 😀 – because, come on, it’d be totally awesome!
- Learn all the words to “Come On Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners – because whenever I hear it, I want to sing along, but can only go kind of like, “Neh neh neh… neh neh neh-neh-neh…” haha
- Have a song written about me, for me, or inspired by me – because you could probably win my heart like that. (EDIT: Chris wrote me a song, November 12th, 2008, because he’s adorable like that 😀 Yet to hear it performed :P)
- Be depicted as art; painted, drawn, photographed… anything artistic and awesome that you can hand to me and I can hang on my wall (EDIT: I was in a photo shoot for Alana, for one of her trade school assignments. Also, it’s being entered in a COMPETITION, so if that’s not art, I don’t know WHAT is! 13/6/2011)
- Meet JKRowling – have you readHarry Potter?
- Meet Matt Lewis – because I’m a fangirl, pretty much. And he seems like a nice guy 🙂
- Have someone make me a mixtape – because I think that is one of the most romantic gifts ever.
- Read a hell of a lot of books. (Hard to gauge, but I now keep a list of every book I read)
- Win a game of solitaire in 45 seconds or less. EDIT: Completed, Sunday, 19th October, 2008, 10:40 AM AEDST (My current record (19/3/2010) is THIRTY-THREE SECONDS)
- Have at least one white Christmas
- Go to Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross in London
- Buy a bunch of flowers and give single flowers out to strangers
- Go to a masquerade ball XD
- Go out on The Edge at the Sky Deck at Eureka Tower (EDIT: COMPLETED! Sunday the thirteenth of December in the year two thousand and nine, with the House Too Cool to Be Awesome, Rhi Bezzina and Ben and Chris Underwood ^_^ )
- Go to a Melbourne Cup
- Go in a hot air balloon
- Go everywhere mentioned on a British Monopoly board
- Go on an epic near-spontaneous roadtrip with a friend
- Donate blood (COMPLETED!!! 16/7/2011 – With the lovely Charlotte Squires)
- Have my fortune told by a professional, to see if it will come true.
- Go to Watergardens with Alana. Because after more than a year of saying that we were going to, and it still not happening, there needs to be more incentive 😛(EDIT: COMPLETED!!! A lovely day shopping on Sunday the fourth of July, 2010)
- Meet Kaylee Marie Hohmann
- Write a musical radio drama
- Eat broccoflower with cheese with Alana. (EDIT: COMPLETED! Eaten on Saturday the 8th of May, 2010, thanks to Pat’s lookout from the inside :D)
ADDED BY ALANA:
- Learn to ride a bike properly and go for a ride with Alana
- Go to the Geelong Smorgies’ and pig out! (EDIT: The Geelong Smorgies is closed. Apparently there’s one in Melbourne, though?)
And that is my current list. I may have taken some things out, because for whatever reason, they don’t matter to me any more.
So anyway, were you paying attention? Did you see what I got to cross off as recently as YESTERDAY?!
If you chose “gave blood”, then TEN POINTS TO HUFFLEPUFF, because that’s what I did!
Here’s a picture of Charlotte – my blood (giving) buddy – eating a Substantial Meal before Giving Blood:
And then we got there and sat around, filled out forms, took some photos:
And then they took a LITTLE bit of blood from our fingies to check our iron levels!
And then we Got Down To Business. After a fashion. They couldn’t find the vein in my left arm. And then they couldn’t find the vein in my right arm, until they called over the nurse who “knew what she was doing” (alarming that the others, apparently, do not). And she poked around, and finally found the vein. Charlotte must have cursed me, because earlier she was saying that, for the aesthetics of the photo for THIS VERY POST, I’d have to have my right arm done while she had her left. What. A. Bitch.
I didn’t think to take photos at this point. You’ll have to forgive me. Charlotte had warned me that the most alarming thing about it would be feeling the warmth of the blood go through the tube taped to your arm. She was pretty spot on.
So everything was going well, when the nurse said no more of my blood was coming out, and something about a clot in the tube (by which I HOPE she meant the plastic one, and not the one that carries the rest of my blood around my body).
So I ended up giving only half the usual amount, but as we all said, that’s Better Than Nothing. And I can try again on or after October 10 (AKA Ben and Chris’ birthdays).
Here are our battle wounds: